BY CATHY INTEMANN AND EMMALY WIEDERHOLT; ILLUSTRATION BY MAGGIE STACK
Whether you’re a beginner looking to wriggle your toes for the first time or a seasoned dancer hoping to get in a good sweat and boogey, finding the right dance school can be difficult. That’s why we’ve put together this checklist to help you find the school for you!
- Is it ADA compliant?
- Do the classes offered match your interests and schedule?
- Do the teachers have extensive experience? Are any of them famous?
- Is their Instagram feed inviting and dynamic?
- Speaking of which, what’s their phone policy? Are they blue-tooth and speaker-phone friendly?
- Are the mirrors forgiving?
- Can you bring your service lizard to class with you?
- Is there a coffee shop or deli nearby for after-class gossip or for when you get hangry?
- Is the lost and found always full of fashionable forgotten items you want in your wardrobe?
- Does the student body dress in fashionable dance attire coordinating head pieces with their leggings?
- Does it have a monthly cash give-away you can enter?
If you answered yes to all the above questions, it looks like you’ve found the perfect dance studio!