BY EMMALY WIEDERHOLT AND CATHY INTEMANN; ILLUSTRATIONS BY MAGGIE STACK
School is starting soon, and that means new dance supplies! The must-have gear for this year is:
- A backpack! To hold dance shoes, ibuprofen, e-cigs, leg and arm warmers to cover any tattoos you may have acquired this summer, Axe deodorant, the coolest new carcinogen-free water bottle, a flask and bun warmers.
- New Clothes! Leggings, jeggings, t-shirts you will inevitably tear the neck out of, halter-tards, dance belts for loan, and fingerless gloves (they’re ALL the rage).
- Books! Every dancer needs these on their shelves: “The Complete Anthology of Choreography from the 1300s to the 1600s,” “Audition Tips: 2017 Edition, With A Forward by Beyoncé” “The Encyclopedia of Famous Dances You’ve Never Heard Of,” and “Beauty is Experience: Dancing 50 and Beyond.”
- Bluetooth headphones and updated music library. If you can’t sing along to all the pop songs in lyrical or hip hop class, you might as well leave.
- A monogrammed towel, because you’re sweatier than you think.
- A paper copy of your school’s schedule, duh!
Here’s to another great year of studying, ditching, talking in class, texting on the side, and hopefully improving overall!